Pastoral Staff of College First
Pastor Bill Reist
Fun Facts with Pastor Bill
1. I have planted a chestnut orchard.
2. I spent an academic year in Europe (Basel, Switzerland).
3. I am a closet trombonist.
Pastor William Miller
Pastor William Miller is currently serving as College First Winebrenner's worship pastor. Pastor Will resides in Findlay with his wife Beth. They have 3 sons, Denny, Shawn & Brian. Denny is married to Ashley and they have a daughter Amelia. Shawn is married to Laura. Brian currently resides at home. Will and Beth also have an adopted daughter Kristina. Kris has twin daughters Illiana and Sephrina and a third daughter Ava. Pastor Will likes to hunt and fish and engage in just about anything outdoors.
Fun Facts with Pastor Will Miller:
1. "I eat what I kill."
2. I was the University of Findlay's Campus Pastor from 1993-2015.
3. I have been on an African Safari.
Pastor David WelkerPastor David Welker serves as our Minister of Worship and Lay Activities. The father of two sons, Tim and Nick, Pastor David has been married to his wife, Anna, for 23 years. He oversees the planning and leading of the worship services that take place in our north campus building. He also is very active in our music ministry where he leads our First Praise choir as well as participates in our Worship Choir and Handbell Choir. Pastor David also provides oversight for our senior’s ministry, men’s ministry, Sunday School and Frontline ministry.
Supporting Staff of College First
Kathryn “Kat” Patterson is the Director of Youth Ministry where she is responsible for the teaching and small groups for grades 6-12. She and her husband, Reed, are the parents of two daughters Adelaide and Emma. In her spare time, she enjoys taking pictures, her favorite subject, besides her daughters, are sunsets and sunrises as they remind her of God’s promise of Heaven.
Assistant Director of Children’s Ministry, Faith has her Master’s in Professional Counseling and her Bachelors’ degree in social work. She has both counseling and social work in her background and enjoys working with families and children in many capacities. She and her husband,Travis, have been in the process of adopting twins from Ethiopia and look forward to receiving “the call” in God’s perfect timing.
She loves working and being relational with families and children and welcomes the chance to meet with you!
Both Travis and Faith enjoy helping others and feel God certainly has plans of ministry in their lives.
Michaela is the Director of Children’s Ministries at College First. She graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University with a Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry and Christian Education. She has a passion for serving children and families, and loves to see God working in and through their lives.
Michaela enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends.
Fun Facts with Michaela:
1. I am related to someone in the Hall of Fame.
2. I am the youngest person on staff, who also has a dent in the head.
3. I love my job so much that even if I won a million dollars, I would still work here. But if I won 400 million...
Michael Alonzo is the College First Winebrenner worship service music co-director. Michael is married to the wonderful Stephanie Alonzo. Michael and Stephanie are both avid Pokemon Go players, and they are interested in joining anyone else that would like to play. Michael is a school teacher when he is not worshiping with Tyler Talbert. He also enjoys leading the Junior Phoenix group.
Fun Facts with Michael:
1. My first meeting with my wife was in an online chat.
2. I like to eat fruit on my pizza.
3. I aspire to be the Jesus singing version of Johnny Cash, although... Johnny can keep the prison time to himself!
Administrative Assistant at College First Church of God
Jackie Urbanski is the Administrative Assistant at College First Church of God. Jackie is married to John and they have three adult children. They have two wonderful daughter-in-laws and a son-in-law in the Air Force and have been blessed with three grandsons and a granddaughter. Life is good but busy at the Urbanski household. Jackie enjoys living the condo lifestyle and outdoor activities along with traveling.
Fun Facts with Jackie:
1. I lived in Wiesbaden, Germany in the early 1970's.
2. I have always wanted to learn the skill archery.
3. I hope to live on the East Coast someday, as I enjoy the ocean and sun.
Tyler TalbertTyler Talbert is the College First Winebrenner worship service music co-director. Tyler has been a worship musician since 2010. Tyler and his wife Megan married in 2016. He is a graduate of the University of Findlay with a bachelor's degree in Religious Studies. He is currently pursuing his Master's of Divinity at Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Tyler enjoys reading, making music, and talking philosophy.
Fun Facts with Tyler:
1. I have a genius cat named Barski who invented long division.
2. I can play a flugelhorn.
3. I travelled the USA with only the money I made playing music on street corners.
Kathy Haley is our temporary administrative assistant. She is a hard worker, and a very fun loving individual that supports College First staff in all possible ways. Kathy is married to a wonderful man named John. John and Kathy have two daughters. Kathy is a long time friend of Pastor David Welker.
Fun Facts with Kathy:
1. I used to work as a Travel Agent
2. I have lived in Pittsburg, but I have always been a Cowboys fan.
3. I enjoy outdoor activities such as: hiking, camping, and bicycling.